Friday, June 3, 2011

I'm Goin' to Disneyland!

Well, actually, to SANS What Works in Forensics and Incident Response Summit 2011 (in Austin). It's absolutely incredible, and I feel incredibly blessed to be able to attend.

Obviously, there's the whole job layoff scenario, and the search continues. Good news there is that I'm short-listed with a number of places, so we seem to be getting closer. I was slated with my former employer to attend training (but not the conference itself) at Summit, and of course that went away with the job. I heard that CEIC was a great networking opportunity, and I wished that somehow there was a way I could go to the Summit, especially since I'm so geographically close. Not just for the networking opportunities, but to meet some folks that I knew would be there; including Kristinn Gudjonsson, who will be presenting on log2timeline.

When lo and behold this week a way was made! Completely out of the blue, I was provided with an opportunity to attend wherein I would not have to pay the entry fee. I shall not mention names lest anyone be embarrassed (or not want to be publicly recognized), but you know who you are. Thank you.

LM

No comments:

Post a Comment