Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Need More Cowbell (or, links to SANS)

So Rob Lee recently posted to the DFIR list that SANS is ranking rather low on Google, as they're not stooping to "shadier" tactics such as setting up false sites to point to theirs, and other similar techniques. I say shadier since doing those kinds of SEO type things (aside from your site's internal metadata, search engine indexing, and so on) drives up your presence on the web - but at others' expense, and typically seems unrelated to the actual site. That may not make a lot of sense, but that's okay.

The point of this post is to say that I've done my part. I already follow the SANS Forensics Blog, but now I've added that and their main forensics page under Favorite Sites. Just doing my forensivic duty (forensivic=forensic civic).

On a side note, Rob suggested searching for "computer forensics" from Google to see the results. I did so, and was pleased to see Lance Mueller's site in the first page of results. Obviously he gets a lot of traffic, and well worth it!

LM

No comments:

Post a Comment